3 Examples of Battery-Powered Concrete Equipment You Won’t Forget
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it – right? Not necessarily. Many of us are used to the traditional ways of working with gasoline-powered equipment, but what if there was an alternative that delivered reliable, powerful performance, AND greater operator comfort?
In this short article, we will explore three examples of electrified equipment and its benefits to construction workers.
Electrification: Benefits of the Vanguard® 1.5 kWh* Commercial Battery Pack
Electrification is a game changer and provides many benefits to end-users. These benefits include:
- Increased operating comfort. This is a result of less noise, vibration, and harshness on equipment operators due to physically demanding environments.
- Flexibility of work timelines. Battery-powered equipment allows for indoor work to be performed anywhere and at any time with or without the installation of a roof or walls.
- Zero emissions. This is a health advantage and improves the quality of daily life and work activities for employees.
- Increased runtime. Lithium-ion batteries are competitive with gasoline engines, especially with the 1.5 kWh* Commercial Battery Pack, which can be swapped in and out from application to application, allowing for other packs to be charged while another pack is in use.
1. Walk-Behind Finishing Trowel
One of the most popular types of equipment in the world of concrete is the walk-behind concrete finishing trowel. Once concrete has been poured, this machine smooths and evens the surface before it can completely dry. It is common for end-users working on residential projects to be finishing basement floors, garage slabs, and driveways with this type of equipment. If indoors, an electrified trowel will allow for increased operation time due to zero emissions, allowing the operator to finish the job sooner.
Concept unit by Multiquip® Inc.
2. Walk-Behind Grinder
A walk-behind concrete grinder used for grinding, leveling, and coating removal of concrete is a great fit for battery integration. If your grinder currently uses a small engine, replacing it with a battery makes it lighter, quieter, easier to operate, and gives you instant power.
Concept unit by Equipment Development Company Inc.
3. Concrete Mixer
Concrete is an essential composite material for almost everything built today. Concrete mixers come in many different shapes and sizes and are used to prepare and store concrete mixtures ready to be poured with precision on the job site. Since working with concrete is oftentimes a job that covers a lot of space, a cordless, battery-powered alternative allows for an extended range of operations around the job site.
Generic Concrete Mixer
Why Vanguard Commercial Batteries
With Vanguard, you can expect world-class service, training and support, innovative solutions, and application expertise. From the battery cell chemistry to the safety of the battery pack, Vanguard has engineered these packs for performance and reliability.
- We are proud to say that our batteries are designed, engineered, and assembled right here in the United States.
- We designed our battery packs with a safety-first mentality. Each battery is equipped with a battery management system (BMS) which regulates the voltage and temperature while the pack is in use.
- Our battery packs have been put through extensive testing in our Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) Lab here at our headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, because we know OEMs and end-users care about safe and reliable power on the job.
- Not only are our batteries built for safety and durability, but they are power agnostic and versatile from application to application.
- We selected lithium-ion cells for our commercial battery packs. There are three main types of battery cells: lithium-ion, nickel-cadmium, and lead-acid. Lithium-ion batteries are the top-grade power solution offering of all battery types and are one of the many reasons we selected this cell chemistry to be in our commercial battery packs.
Ready To Make The Switch?
With expected constant runtime, lower maintenance, and the durability of Vanguard Lithium-ion Commercial Battery Packs, you can expect a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
At Vanguard, we have your bottom line in mind with everything we do.
Are you ready to make the switch with Vanguard?
About Briggs & Stratton:
Briggs & Stratton, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, provides innovative products and diverse power solutions to help people get work done. Briggs & Stratton is the world’s largest producer of engines for outdoor power equipment, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lithium-ion battery, standby generator, energy storage system, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton®, Vanguard®, Ferris®, Simplicity®, Snapper®, Billy Goat®, Allmand®, SimpliPhi®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in more than 100 countries on six continents. For additional information, please visit www.basco.com and www.briggsandstratton.com.